Courtney Taylor, Hall Director: Stadium Heights
- Kansas State University - Master of Science in College Student Development and Academic Advising Certificate
- University of Central Missouri - Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Assistant Coordinator - Departmental Initiatives/Honors House, Kansas State University
- Assistant Community Coordinator, Kansas State University
- Academic Mentor/Tutor, K-State Student Athlete Services
What I like about being a Maverick
I am surrounded by people and resources that care about me and support me not only as a person, but as a professional. Being a Maverick at Mankato also lives up to the name; we are encouraged to be innovative, influential, and our differences are celebrated.
Why I chose to work at Minnesota State Mankato
This institution is progressive, forward-thinking, and open. I appreciate the emphasis on not continuing things just because that's how we've always done it if it's not working. Our students are ever-changing, so we should grow and change with them. I also value the commitment to attaining a work-life balance; although I enjoy my work, I work to live, and I have the time and resources to follow my passions outside of being a Hall Director.
Professional Development/ Involvement/ Interests
I am an advisor to The Chess Club at MNSU and I plan on pursing a Doctoral degree in the near future so I can teach at the university-level as a professor. My passion areas professionally revolve around diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), mental health, and accessibility.
Not an exhaustive list, but I regularly engage in kickboxing, sand volleyball, and hiking! I also enjoy spending time with my dogs, traveling, anime, listening to live music, trying new food places, and puzzling.