Who is eligible to join?
We serve 175 students each year.
Services are free to enrolled undergraduate students meeting at least ONE of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a 4-year college degree)
- Meet income level (as published by U.S. Department of Education)
- Documented disability
In addition, each student MUST:
- Be admitted and enrolled in classes at Minnesota State, Mankato
- Be a citizen or national of the U.S. OR meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance
- Demonstrate an academic need. This will be assessed on an individual basis.
Student Support Services is a TRIO program that receives 89% ($370,377) of its yearly funding from the U.S. Department of Education in cooperation with Minnesota State University, Mankato.
NOT ELIGIBLE? Still need help?Academic Support Resources