Transfer Students WITHOUT U.S. Credits

Transferring to a program abroad can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Follow these steps for an easier transition with less stress and more academic credit!

Go to ECE Credentials Webpage Schedule Virtual 1-on-1 Transfer Advising
View Non-U.S. Credit Transfer Timeline

Cambridge A-Level Subject Exams

Students who studied in the Cambridge system and completed A-level courses with a grade of C or higher may receive university credit. Students must complete a credential evaluation to receive credit. 


  • Transferring credits to Minnesota State Mankato takes places after acceptance into the University.
  • AFTER acceptance and BEFORE any possible transfer credit may be awarded, all transcripts or academic records from universities outside the U.S. must first be evaluated by a recognized outside agency as confirmation of the courses taken and grades earned.
  • University transfer specialists recommend using Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE), and the correct type of report is depedent on your desired major (see below). 
    • Students wishing to begin the ECE process prior to being accepted may do so at any time.

How to Request a Credential Evaluation

ECE provides an online application for credit evaluation. Which ECE evaluation you provide to us depends on what major you will be studying here:

  • All majors should request the "course-by-course" evaluation.

Since the purpose of the ECE evaluation is the potential transfer of credit, it does not need to be submitted as part of the application review process. It can be submitted later. However, any post-secondary work you successfully completed at a non-U.S. college or university will be considered by Minnesota State Mankato only upon receipt of the official ECE evaluation.

Which MNSU department contact information should I use when I request my evaluation?

Have all evaluation questions and documentation directed to the Registration and Academic Records department. 

Mailing Address:
Registration and Academic Records
Minnesota State University, Mankato
132 Wigley Administration Center
Mankato, MN 56001


Phone: 1-507-389-6266