Change of Address

You are required by F-1 regulations to update your LOCAL address within ten days of the change.

Changing Your Local U.S. Address

On-Campus Housing

If you currently live on-campus in a dorm, then you don’t need to update your residential hall address. If you move off-campus, then you are expected to update your LOCAL U.S. Physical address within e-services (see the steps below).

Off-Campus Housing

  1. Log into your E-Services account
  2. View the menu on the left-hand side, and click on "Account Management"
  3. Click on "Name and Address Info"
  4. Make sure you update your U.S. Local Address ONLY
    • Examples of writing your address (do NOT include any symbols such as: # ! - _ & $ / , . * @ )

If you are unsure of how to update your LOCAL address, please make sure that you reach out to your KIC immigration advisor to make sure that your SEVIS Record stays active.

Correct formatting for an off-campus address: 123 Rain Drive Apt 8b
Mankato, MN 56001

F-1 students on OPT:

Make changes using the U.S. government’s SEVP Portal.

International Address Update

All F-1 and J-1 international students are required by law to report their international address outside the U.S. to the government and update the government within ten days of any change. The international address can be a relative’s or a friend’s residential address. It cannot be a U.S. address, University department address, or business address.