How to ApplyPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cultdiv/cap/apply.html
CAP Eligibility Standards are as follows:
- Must attend high school as a full-time student.
- Must be in 12th grade and in good standing.
- GPA must be 2.0 or higher.
- ACT score must be 16 or higher
- Not in the bottom 10% of graduating class
- Must have an interest in obtaining a college education at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Must not meet general guidelines for college admission.
To be considered for CAP, please complete and return:
- Minnesota State University, Mankato Application
- College Access Program Application
- Priority consideration given to applications received by Wednesday, April 9, 2014.
- Authorization for the Release of Student Information forms: Be sure to sign and return both copies.
- Two Student Recommendation Letters: These should be completed by a teacher, pastor, employer, counselor, coach, etc., but not by a family member, and should be returned along with the application.
- Personal letter stating any special circumstances
- Two Student Aid Report (SARs) from fafsa.gov.
- Complete 2013 – 2014 FAFSA application for Summer 2014 and submit a copy of the SARs report.
- Complete 2014 – 2015 FAFSA application for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 and submit a copy of the SARs report.
Return all completed forms to:
Director of Diversity Initiatives
Opportunity Access Success Inter-cultural Services (O.A.S.I.S)
284 Centennial Student Union
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
* All such information is kept confidential and will remain in the College Access Programs office.