Bias Incident Support and Advisory Team Members
Actively working towards making our campus welcoming for ALL!
The Bias Incident Support and Advisory Team is comprised of representation from various university departments, stakeholders, and leaders who work together to create a campus community that is inclusive of all its members. The Bias Incident Support and Advisory Team reviews reports of bias, gather additional information on reported incidents, collaborate with university departments to educate the campus community on forms of bias and hate, redress incidents when possible, and refer cases to the appropriate department when necessary (i.e., Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Kearney Center for International Student Services, Dean of Students, Campus Security, Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX, and/or Mankato Public Safety).
Meet the Team
The Bias Incident Support and Advisory Team is comprised of representation from the following offices and will report to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion or their proxy. Any of these members are prepared to receive reports of bias and hate. Please feel free to contact them for additional assistance and support.
- Chair: Henry Morris, Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Delia Avila, Exec Assistant to VP Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Cindy Janney, Dean of Students & Director of Residential Life
- Guadalupe Quintero, Director of Community Partnerships
- Sandi Schnorenberg, Director of University Security
- Torin Akey, Associate Director of Residential Life
- Linda Alvarez, Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX
- Daniel Benson, Director of Media Relations
- Timothy Berry, Interim Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Equity Initiatives
- Leslie Darmofal, Associate Professor of Nursing and Chair of President's Commission on Diversity
- Jeffery Dennis, Assistant Professor of Corrections
- Jill Frederickson-Kratzke, Director of Human Resources
- Sara Granberg-Rademacker, Director of Academic Advising
- Sammy Higgins, President Residence Hall Association
- Shar Jenniges, Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX
- Andrew Johnson, Professor of Elementary and Literacy Education
- David Mesta, Vice President of Student Government
- Carine Omole, Sr Director of Accessibility Resources & ADA Compliance Officer
- Sierra Roiger, President of Student Government
- Zeke Sorenson, Director of LGBT Center
- Jennifer Veltsos, Interim Associate Vice President for Curriculum & Dean of Graduate Studies
- Gregory Wilkins, Associate Director of Student Activities
The President and/or Campus Diversity Officer may invite additional faculty, staff, and/or content experts to serve as consultants to the team if they possess expertise that could add to the analyses in a special case. In addition, the Team will consult with the Minnesota State Office of General Counsel on legal matters as needed.