Your MavCARD serves as your official student identification card, on and off campus, for as long as you are enrolled at Minnesota State University, Mankato at Edina or at Minnesota State Mankato campus location.
Campus Services and Events
- The barcode on the back of your MavCARD allows you access to check out books and materials from the Minnesota State Mankato Memorial Library.
The MavCARD is Several Cards in One
- Tech ID printed on front
- Library Card
- Full access to the MnPALS online catalog system, including periodical databases (some with full-text articles) and reference files available only by using a Minnesota State University, Mankato barcode;
- Borrowing and interlibrary loan privileges from the Minnesota State Mankato Memorial Library when you are on campus;
- Borrowing privileges at other cooperating academic libraries.
How to Obtain Your MavCARD at Edina
- Receive an email response with directions to upload your photo and driver’s license or passport
- Follow the email instructions and submit your information.
- Your submission will either be accepted or denied based on the specifications, and you will receive an email to your Minnesota State Mankato email account with info on the status of your submission
- When your card is approved, it will be mailed to your address on file.
- If your MavCARD was lost or stolen, stop by reception desk Room Suite 500 at 7700 France between 8:00am - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday or 8am - 4pm on Friday to fill out a MavCARD Replacement Form.
- You will get a new barcode on the MavCARD . A $15 Replacement Fee Charge will be placed on your student account. You must pay the replacement fee of $15 before you get your reissued MavCARD. The $15 Replacement Fee Charge is payable online through E-Services.
- Login to mnsu.edu/eservices
- Select Bills and Payment (left side list area)
- Select Pay Bill Online (left side list area)
- Select the Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Enter the amount you wish to pay in the box under Payment Amount, and select Continue.
- Choose Payment Method
- Credit/Debit Card
- International based credit cards not accepted