HomePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
The mission of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee is to promote a work site culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Our vision is to develop educational outreach activities that encourage employees’ personal and professional productivity and physical, mental, social, and holistic well being.
The Employee Wellness Committee is a free organization for Minnesota State Mankato faculty and staff that promotes opportunities to learn about nutrition, exercise, healthy work environment, and mental and emotional health.
Click on the above Wellness Committee Events Link to view all current events, such as massages, group exercise classes, and walk every day.
Spring Break Six
Spring Break Six is a 6 week program designed to jump start your fitness before spring break! This program offers healthy competition between friends and teams to help you get in shape! A trainer meets twice weekly with your team of four to compete against other teams in weekly challenges earning points. (This program is for MSU students, faculty and staff.)
- $200 total per team ($50 per person)
- *If you do not have a team of four, the cost is still $200. You must at least have a team of three to register.
- 6 Weeks of Training (12 team training sessions) and Pre and Post Fitness Assessments
- EMPLOYEES – FREE 6 Week Otto Recreation Center Membership included!
- Date of Program: January 23rd - March 3rd
- Register and pay easily online as an entire team in one transaction by Wednesday, January 18! http://www.mnsu.edu/campusrec/fitness/springbreaksix.html
POUND 'Lite' Workout Class for ALL Fitness Levels! (NEW FOR SPRING SEMESTER)
- Enjoy a full body cardio jam session, combining light resistance with constant simulated drumming.
- The workout fuses cardio, Pilates, and isometric movements.
- If you are curious about what this class is about, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPhvnrWcSI to view a short video.
- In this class the instructor will provide a lighter version of the POUND moves for those who prefer a less strenuous exercise on their lunch hour.
- Advanced level moves will also be demonstrated so participants can rock a little harder if preferred.
- Classes will be offered from 12:00 p.m. to 12:40 p.m. in PH 102 on January 13, 20, 27, February 17, 24, and March 3.
- Cost is $27 for a 6 week session punch card or $6 a class for the drop in fee.
Bowling and Billiards
- FREE bowling and billiards for faculty and staff at the CSU Maverick Bullpen on Tuesdays from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. beginning January 17, 2017, through February 28, 2017.
- Just go to the main desk to get your bowling shoes or billiard supplies.
- Let them know that you are an employee and you can play for free.
How to Set and Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Lexi Cournoyer, MSU Campus Dietitian, will be giving a presentation that will focus on nutrition, fitness and overall wellness.
- She will also discuss goal setting and ways to stay motivated!
- Start the year out right and join us on Tuesday, January 24 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in CSU 238.
Otto Recreation Center Orientation
- MSU faculty and staff are invited to attend an Otto Recreation Center Orientation on Wednesday, January 25 at 12:15 p.m. or Thursday, January 26 at 11:30 a.m.
- Please meet at the Otto Recreation Center front desk (HC 1900) to begin the 30-minute tour.
- Any employees attending either orientation will be offered a FREE 2-week membership to the Rec Center.
- If you have any questions, please contact Carly Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Campus Recreation will be hosting an Indoor Duathlon on Sunday, February 5 at 9 a.m. in the Otto Recreation Center.
- The Duathlon format is a 20 minute run/20 minute bike/20 minute run.
- The goal is to accumulate as many miles as you can in 60 minutes!
Let us know how we're doing!
A survey will be available in the beginning of Spring semester.
See if you qualify for a new health benefit
SEGIP is excited to offer a new health benefit for employees and adult family members. Prevent is an innovative online program that helps you lose weight, get healthy, and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Take a one-minute screening to see if you qualify at preventnow.com/segip.
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.