HomePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
The mission of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee is to promote a work site culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Our vision is to develop educational outreach activities that encourage employees’ personal and professional productivity and physical, mental, social, and holistic well being.
The Employee Wellness Committee is a free organization for Minnesota State Mankato faculty and staff that promotes opportunities to learn about nutrition, exercise, healthy work environment, and mental and emotional health.
Let us know how we're doing by completing this survey.
Click on the above Wellness Committee Events Link to view all current events, such as massages, group exercise classes, and walk every day.
We are hosting a free rock climbing event for faculty and staff! All experience levels are welcome. Please wear clothing that allows free movement; you must have socks to participate. Shoes and harnesses are provided. There will be trained staff to ensure the safety of all climbers.
- Thursday, April 27 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Myers Field House.
- Please RSVP to [firstname.lastname@example.org] by Tuesday, April 25.
New This Spring! 4-Person Golf Scramble for Faculty and Staff
Get your team together for a 4-person golf scramble for faculty and staff! There will be prizes for the winning team and pin prizes.
- Thursday, May 11 at Terrace View Golf Course with a 5:00 p.m. start time. (Rain date: Thursday, May 18)
- $20/person with riding cart; $13/person walking.
- Contact Wendy Schuller to register at email@example.com or extension 2015. The registration deadline is Monday, May 1.
Is gluten-free right for me?? Join campus dietitian, Lexi, to learn about Celiac Disease, what a gluten-free diet looks like, and if it is right for you!
- Tuesday, April 25 from 12 to 1 p.m. in CSU 238.
Join us for this year's Poker Walk! The walk will begin by the fountain on campus outside of the CSU. There will be multiple stops along the way where you will receive poker chips. The person with the best hand at the end wins a prize! Previous poker experience is not required. Also, there will be juice sampling provided by WYSIWYG Juice Co! We hope to see you there!
- Monday, April 17 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
With busy schedules and many things to juggle, it can sometimes be difficult to be kind to one's self and engage in self-care. For many people, their internal dialogue and relationship with themselves is not reflective of how they would interact with someone they care for. Please join us in presenting Carrie Rief from the Counseling Center! She will help us explore the concept of compassion turned inward and the potential impact on relationships both with self and others.
- Tuesday, March 28 from 12 to 1 p.m. in CSU 201.
It is our pleasure to have Erin Gonzalez, Registered Dietitian at the Mankato Clinic and adjunct professor here at MSU, speak about mindful eating. For the first session, Erin will be laying the foundations and explaining the basics on how to eat mindfully. The second session will have us take what we learned in the first session and use it in our daily lives with our children and families.
- The first session will be on Wednesday, March 22 from 12 to 1 p.m. in CSU 238.
- The second session will be on Wednesday, March 5 from 12 to 1 p.m. in CSU 201.
One Small Change Challenge
Please join our Employee Wellness Interns, Paige Lachelt and Sara Jensen, for the first session of a 6-week challenge. This first session will encourage you to make one small change towards a healthier you, whether it be related to nutrition, activity level, etc. Come find out how one small change can change your life!
- The first session will be Tuesday, February 28 from 12 to 1 p.m. in CSU 238.
- The session after the 6-week challenge will be Thursday, April 13. This will be where you can share and celebrate your change.
Country Heat Live
Join Camille Kurtenbach, Beachbody Coach and MSU Alum, in this high-energy, low-impact, easy-to-follow dance workout that is perfect for all fitness levels! Whether you're a dance newbie or you already have great moves, you're going to love stepping it up to the hottest country hits around!
- Classes will be held in HN 225 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the following Thursdays - March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 20.
- The first class is FREE. Then $5/session or $20 for 5 sessions.
FREE Ice Skating- No more tickets available
The Wellness at Work Committee is pleased to offer free ice skating for our employees and their family members.
- Skating will be available at the All Seasons Arena from 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. on the following Saturdays - February 25, March 4, 11, and 25.
- To obtain tickets, please contact Wendy in Human Resources at 507-389-2015. You will need one ticket for each person skating.
Spring Break Six
Spring Break Six is a 6 week program designed to jump start your fitness before spring break! This program offers healthy competition between friends and teams to help you get in shape! A trainer meets twice weekly with your team of four to compete against other teams in weekly challenges earning points. (This program is for MSU students, faculty and staff.)
- $200 total per team ($50 per person)
- *If you do not have a team of four, the cost is still $200. You must at least have a team of three to register.
- 6 Weeks of Training (12 team training sessions) and Pre and Post Fitness Assessments
- EMPLOYEES – FREE 6 Week Otto Recreation Center Membership included!
- Date of Program: January 23rd - March 3rd
- Register and pay easily online as an entire team in one transaction by Wednesday, January 18! http://www.mnsu.edu/campusrec/fitness/springbreaksix.html
POUND 'Lite' Workout Class for ALL Fitness Levels! (NEW FOR SPRING SEMESTER)
- Enjoy a full body cardio jam session, combining light resistance with constant simulated drumming.
- The workout fuses cardio, Pilates, and isometric movements.
- If you are curious about what this class is about, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPhvnrWcSI to view a short video.
- In this class the instructor will provide a lighter version of the POUND moves for those who prefer a less strenuous exercise on their lunch hour.
- Advanced level moves will also be demonstrated so participants can rock a little harder if preferred.
- Classes will be offered from 12:00 p.m. to 12:40 p.m. in PH 102 on January 13, 20, 27, February 17, 24, and March 3.
- Cost is $27 for a 6 week session punch card or $6 a class for the drop in fee.
Bowling and Billiards
- FREE bowling and billiards for faculty and staff at the CSU Maverick Bullpen on Tuesdays from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. beginning January 17, 2017, through February 28, 2017.
- Just go to the main desk to get your bowling shoes or billiard supplies.
- Let them know that you are an employee and you can play for free.
How to Set and Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Lexi Cournoyer, MSU Campus Dietitian, will be giving a presentation that will focus on nutrition, fitness and overall wellness.
- She will also discuss goal setting and ways to stay motivated!
- Start the year out right and join us on Tuesday, January 24 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in CSU 238.
Otto Recreation Center Orientation
- MSU faculty and staff are invited to attend an Otto Recreation Center Orientation on Wednesday, January 25 at 12:15 p.m. or Thursday, January 26 at 11:30 a.m.
- Please meet at the Otto Recreation Center front desk (HC 1900) to begin the 30-minute tour.
- Any employees attending either orientation will be offered a FREE 2-week membership to the Rec Center.
- If you have any questions, please contact Carly Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Campus Recreation will be hosting an Indoor Duathlon on Sunday, February 5 at 9 a.m. in the Otto Recreation Center.
- The Duathlon format is a 20 minute run/20 minute bike/20 minute run.
- The goal is to accumulate as many miles as you can in 60 minutes!
See if you qualify for a new health benefit
SEGIP is excited to offer a new health benefit for employees and adult family members. Prevent is an innovative online program that helps you lose weight, get healthy, and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Take a one-minute screening to see if you qualify at preventnow.com/segip.
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.