HomePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
The mission of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee is to promote a work site culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Our vision is to develop educational outreach activities that encourage employees’ personal and professional productivity and physical, mental, social, and holistic well being.
The Employee Wellness Committee is a free organization for Minnesota State Mankato faculty and staff that promotes opportunities to learn about nutrition, exercise, healthy work environment, and mental and emotional health.
State Employee Flu Vaccination Clinic
- Mark your calendar.
- "Walk-in" basis; no appointment necessary.
- Bring your Advantage health insurance card with you.
- There is no cost with your Minnesota Advantage Health Plan member ID card. Employees without a valid card or who do not have health insurance through the State of Minnesota can receive the flu shot for $33.00.
- For more information and clinic locations, visit the Vaccination Program Page at the following link:
- Flu vaccinations are also available at your primary care clinic and in-network convenient clinics.
Work site clinics are for State employees only. Family members may obtain vaccinations at their primary care clinics.
Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) will hold Open Enrollment from October 26th through November 8th, 2016. Open Enrollment information will be presented by MMB-SEGIP and the insurance carriers on Tuesday, October 11th at 1 PM in the Ostrander Auditorium, Centennial Student Union. No reservations are required. Please watch for other Open Enrollment information and resources in the coming weeks.
Click on the above Wellness Committee Events Link to view all current events, such as massages, group exercise classes, and walk every day. Below are a few of the events that we are currently hosting for the months of September and October:
- Chandler Holland, Director- Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Management will be sharing his 15+ years of experience in Ergonomics on Wednesday, October 5 from 12 pm to 1 pm in CSU 238. He will review and demonstrate the basics of optimal office ergonomic positioning, including techniques for self-adjustments to office equipment. He will also review the process for requesting and completing an ergonomic evaluation of employee workstations. Lastly, there will be discussions on how to implement recommendations brought to light during a workspace evaluation.
- We hope to see you there!
- It's time to get up and start moving during your lunch break! Come be active and join the MSU Wellness Committee for an exhilarating walk around campus. Begin your walk at Barnes and Noble Bookstore and continue through campus making designated stops to fill your poker hand! Top 3 hands will win a prize courtesy of the MSU Wellness Committee!
- The Poker Walk will be held on Wednesday, October 19th from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- If you have any questions related to this event, please contact Wendy Schuller at 507-389-2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Notification of Events
Contact Wendy Schuller if you would like to receive weekly email notifications about events, and receive Weekly Wellness Updates and the Health Wellness Newsletter.
Let us know how we're doing!
A survey will be available soon.
Follow us on Social Media
See if you qualify for a new health benefit
SEGIP is excited to offer a new health benefit for employees and adult family members. Prevent is an innovative online program that helps you lose weight, get healthy, and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Take a one-minute screening to see if you qualify at preventnow.com/segip.
Information Presentation (PDF)
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.