Eligibility & Application
If you are interested in applying to Educational Talent Search (ETS), below is the process for applying to the program.
Applications can either be: downloaded, picked up from the school counseling office or requested from ETS. Applications are taken in as first come, first serve so we suggest you apply as early as possible in the school year.
Many factors are taken into consideration for admission to ETS. If you have any questions about admissibility, please contact the ETS director for further information 507-389-5175.
To qualify for the program students must meet at least one of the following:
- Qualify as Low-Income according to federal definition and/or
- Qualify as First-Generation according to federal definition (Neither Parent completing 4-year degree)
Other criteria considered:
- Intention of going to college (2- or 4-year)
- Achieve a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Fill out the application - Together a student and parent/guardian need to complete the form. Applications need to be fully filled out and have both signatures to be reviewed.
- Turn in the application - Applications can be mailed in with the attached pre-paid envelope or turned into your school's counselor/counseling center.
- Application Review - Once your completed application has made it to the ETS office, it will be reviewed by staff and the director. They will determine if the student meets the federal regulated requirements. Additionally, staff will determine if school and graduating class enrollment allows space for the student to be in the program.
- Grade Review - If the requirements are met the student grades will be requested and reviewed to further determine program eligibility. Students are required to have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Decision - If the student meets all admission and program criteria, the student will be admitted into ETS. Families will be notified by mail if the student was accepted, denied, or put on the waitlist for the program.
- First Advisor Meeting - Within the first month of being admitted into the program, the student will meet with their ETS advisor to learn about the program and get to know one-another. Regular school meetings will follow throughout the year.