How to Register for New Student Orientation
A step-by-step process to successfully register for Orientation and more! Although there are many items on this list, check your email or mail for additional tasks you may need to complete.
COMPLETE PRIOR TO ORIENTATION:
- Activate your Star ID. (Reminder: You will need your Star ID and password for Step 2.)
Enrollment Confirmation: Check your email. The University will email you instructions each Sunday to confirm your enrollment and a link to your personalized website. Visit your admissions checklist where you can confirm your enrollment to let us know you're coming. If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for Summer/Fall 2024 Orientation is open. Please be sure to check the email account you used to apply to the university to find your invitation. New invitations will be emailed out each Monday.
You will receive an orientation invitation by email. In the email there will be a link to take you to your personal page to register for the orientation. The Orientation Registration invitation email will be sent out weekly to the email address used when you applied to the university. You can also visit your admissions checklist to register for Orientation. If you need help please email email@example.com
- Start using your University MavMail email account.
- Be sure to submit for your MavCARD Student ID on-line so it is ready to pick up when you get to orientation. You will need your MavCARD in hand when you arrive to move in, and to access dining accounts the weekend before class starts. MavCARDS are NOT mailed so be sure to get yours at orientation by going to: MSU Photo Upload. Call the MavCARD office at 507-389-1707 or email MavCARD-Office@mnsu.edu for more information.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Check your email regularly to complete any additional steps.
- Apply for on-campus housing. Students planning to live off-campus should review information about off-campus housing.
- Students living on-campus will need to choose and sign up for a meal plan.
- Consider signing up for a learning community.
- Students who graduated from high school outside the state of Minnesota and/or students who have not had their tetanus/diphtheria vaccine within the last ten years need to submit an immunization record form.
- Submit your final high school and/or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Before classes begin, you need to check your university email account. Any additional information, including modules you need to complete, will be sent your university email account.
- Check your Financial Aid status and complete any remaining required documents.
- Review important dates and deadlines related to financial aid, payment, and registration.
- Sign up for VIP Event Texting to get exclusive access, advance tickets, prizes, giveaways and more to the happening events on campus. Text: Student to 76626 to opt in
- Complete the mandatory Sexual Violence Prevention Training module on D2L by the 10th day of the semester.