New Student Checklist
How to Register for New Student Orientation
A step-by-step process to successfully register for Orientation and more! Although there are many items on this list, check your email or mail for additional tasks you may need to complete.
COMPLETE PRIOR TO ORIENTATION:
Activate your Star ID. (Reminder: You will need your Star ID and password for Step 2.)
- Complete enrollment confirmation. Please note after you confirm your enrollment it may take up to a day for the information to show in the orientation registration system and you may not be able to complete Step 3 immediately.
Invites for Fall 2022 will be sent out by early March. Please be sure to check the email account you used to apply to the university to find your invitation. New invitations will be emailed out each Monday. You can also get registered by going here once registration is open.
You will receive an orientation invitation by email. The Orientation Registration invitation email will be sent out weekly to the email address used when you applied to the university.Current Available Orientation Dates:
- Start using your University MavMail email account.
- Watch for an email from the MavCARD Office with instructions to securely submit your photo and government ID online.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Check your email regularly to complete any additional steps.
- Apply for on-campus housing. Students planning to live off-campus should review information about off-campus housing.
- Students living on-campus will need to choose and sign up for a meal plan.
- Consider signing up for a learning community.
- Students who graduated from high school outside the state of Minnesota and/or students who have not had their tetanus/diphtheria vaccine within the last ten years need to submit an immunization record form.
- Submit your final high school and/or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Before classes begin, you need to check your university email account. Any additional information, including modules you need to complete, will be sent your university email account.
- Check your Financial Aid status and complete any remaining required documents.
- Review important dates and deadlines related to financial aid, payment, and registration.
- Prepare for move-in day and check out the Winter Welcome Week Schedule
- Sign up for VIP Event Texting to get exclusive access, advance tickets, prizes, giveaways and more to the happening events on campus. Text: Student to 76626 to opt in
- Complete the mandatory Sexual Violence Prevention Training module on D2L by the 10th day of your first semester.