National Student Exchange
The National Student Exchange (NSE) is a consortium of 200 institutions across the United States, Alaska, Hawaii as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and seven provinces in Canada, which provides opportunities for undergraduate students to study for up to one academic year at another NSE member college or university. Minnesota State University, Mankato is what we call a Home Pay NSE School. As a Home Pay school, students take courses at the NSE host university but pay tuition at Minnesota State University, Mankato. The student will only pay for housing and fees at the NSE host university.
Additionally, students who receive financial aid will also be able to use their financial aid awards while participating in the NSE exchange program.
List of Participating Schools: 2021-2022
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to exchange.
- Full-time student at the time of application and in the term prior to exchange.
- Good standing (academic, financial, and social/behavioral) as defined by Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Be approved by the Minnesota State University, Mankato NSE coordinator for participation in the exchange program.
The 2020-2021 NSE Priority Consideration Deadline for applications is February 15. Please submit your application materials at your EARLIEST convenience. It is HIGHLY recommended that students considering NSE for ANY term (fall 2020, spring 2021, or academic year 2020-21) submit an application prior to the February 15 deadline.
- Schedule a meeting with Anna Ochs, the campus NSE coordinator, to discuss your program options and selection procedures. Meetings can also be scheduled by calling 507-389-6669, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping by the Center for Global Engagement at Morris Hall 002 (lower level).
- Complete the online NSE application.
- Pay the $150 NSE application fee.