Dental Hygiene Online Degree Completion Program
Program Name: Dental Hygiene Online
Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science
Our 100% online program provides a path for personal and professional growth by obtaining your Bachelor of Science in dental hygiene. This bachelor's degree completion program is for licensed dental hygienists or students who have completed or are currently enrolled in a 2-year dental hygiene program.
Although private dental offices continue to be the primary place of employment for dental hygienists, today’s dental hygiene professionals have many other career pathways to explore as well. Never before has there been more opportunity for professional growth.
Job opportunities for graduates include:
- Clinician ($77,090)
- Sales Representative ($65,420)
- Instructor/Technical Education Teacher ($80,560-$59,140)
- Health Education Specialist and Community Health Workers ($48,140)
- Medical and Health Service Manager ($104,280)
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021
Admission requirements to the Dental Hygiene Bachelor Degree Completion Program:
- Successful completion of a program in Dental Hygiene accredited by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation or current enrollment in a program.
- License to practice dental hygiene or eligible for licensure.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0
If you are currently enrolled in a two-year dental hygiene program and would like to start the degree completion program early, please contact Julie Dittrich at email@example.com for details.
The application for the Dental Hygiene Bachelor Degree Completion Program is online.
- You will need to attach a copy of your current dental hygiene license. If you haven't received this yet, you can submit it later.
“Completing the program gave me broader knowledge of dental hygiene as a ‘career’ outside of clinically. It has given me knowledge to be more successful in my current jobs. … It has given me the knowledge to be confident in myself in the area of public health and as a dental hygienist.”
BS, Dental Hygiene Online
Julie Dittrich, Program Advisor