Group Fitness SchedulePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/campusrec/fitness/groupfitness.html
Summer 2018 Group Exercise Classes
- Schedule valid May 21st - July 25th.
- Classes meet in Pennington Hall (PH) 102.
- Current students and membership holders may attend classes for free.
- No classes May 28th or the week of July 4th.
Monday 4:15pm-5pm Circuit Training
Circuit Training utilizes stations of cardio, endurance, and strength based movements to condition your body. Intensity may be adjusted by participant to meet individual goals.
Tuesday 4:15pm-5pm Maverick Boot Camp
Maverick Boot Camp may include traditional calisthenics, body weight exercises, cardiorespiratory training, interval training, and strength training. Class starts in PH 102 and may venture outside to Stadium Hill, the fitness trail, the Otto Rec Center, etc.
Wednesday 4:15pm-5pm HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training
HIIT is cardio training that involves high intensity bursts and low to moderate recovery. Class may include core training, intervals of strength training, and Tabata format.
For Your information:
- Join any class at any time in the semester. No experience necessary. No registration required.
- Have clean, non-marking soled shoes to participate in classes that require shoes.
- Silence and store cell phones once you enter the room to limit disruptions.
- Variations of exercises should be offered to increase or decrease the intensity of each class format.
- Class size may be limited for safety concerns and availability of equipment.
- For yoga classes, if you have your own yoga mat, bring it; if not, some yoga mats are provided.
Membership Options for Non-Students
A Group Fitness ONLY Membership ($25 per semester) or an Otto Recreation Center Membership ($100 per semester or $200 annual) may be purchased only by faculty, staff, alumni, emerita, spouse of the before mentioned and spouse of current students. Memberships are not open to the general public. Information about these options are located here.
Students' not taking summer 2018 classes, but enrolled in fall 2018 classes, are eligible to purchase an Otto Recreation Center membership for $30, which includes group exercise classes.
Questions? email@example.com, 389-3249 or HC 1410
Your input is important to us! Please take a moment to evaluate our group fitness program and group fitness instructors. Your feedback will help us discover how well our program is working, where improvements can be made, and help us make decisions about how resources should be applied in the future to better serve your needs and the mission of Campus Recreation. Each link below will bring you to the specific evaluation. Evaluations are anonymous.