Financial Aid Exit Interview

The staff of Student Financial Services would like to offer our most sincere congratulations on your impending graduation!! Did you receive a Federal Stafford Loan and/or a Federal Perkins Loan? If so, you are required to participate in an exit interview for each loan type prior to graduation.

Federal Direct (Stafford) Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans

It is a federal requirement that students go through Exit Loan Counseling at such time as they are ready to graduate, withdraw, or drop below half-time enrollment. This requirement can be fulfilled by going to, and completing the Exit Counseling process through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access link. You will be provided with valuable information about loan repayment as well as your rights and responsibilities as a borrower in the Federal Direct Loan program. If you are unable to complete the counseling online, please contact Student Financial Services to inquire about upcoming Exit Loan Counseling sessions. Questions? Contact Student Financial Services at 507-389-1866.

Federal Perkins Loan

The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities’ loan servicer (ECSI) will contact you with instructions on how to complete Perkins Exit Loan Counseling prior to graduation. For assistance in completing this federal requirement, you may contact ECSI at 888-549-3274.