Global Maverick Access Scholarship
Minnesota State University is committed to opening doors to American higher education for students residing in underrepresented countries. To assist students from underrepresented countries, Global Education is sponsoring 20 scholarships for first-year, undergraduate F-1 students from target locations.
Each scholarship is valued at $4,000 and awarded over 4 years of undergraduate study. Additionally, each recipient will receive personalized help in securing on-campus employment starting their first semester on-campus.
All scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria to apply for the Global Maverick Access Scholarship:
- Admission to Minnesota State University in any undergraduate program
- High School GPA of 3.5 or the equivalent
- First-year student (no prior university study)
- Must have graduated from high school within 5 years of beginning undergraduate study at MNSU
- Be a citizen of one of the qualifying countries
Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- Applicants must be applying for a fall intake and must apply for the scholarship by May 1st. Applicants will be notified of outcomes by May 15th.
- Scholarship recipients must enroll at Minnesota State University for the initial term in which they were admitted. If the recipient defers their application to a future term, they will forfeit the scholarship award.
- Scholarships are valued at $4,000. Recipients will receive $500 per semester for up to eight (8) semesters of undergraduate study at Minnesota State University. The award is directly credited to the student’s tuition and has no cash value.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to list up to $1,000 of the Global Maverick Access Scholarship and $3,840 of on-campus employment on the funding section of their Form I-20.
- If at any point in their undergraduate studies the student fails to maintain satisfactory academic progress standards (SAPS), they will forfeit any future scholarship funds.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Global Maverick Access Scholarship."
Apply for the Global Maverick Access Scholarship
Qualifying Country Citizenship
|Antigua and Barbuda|
|British Virgin Islands|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Trinidad and Tobago|
|Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Papua New Guinea|
|Democratic Republic of Congo|