Enhanced Access entails strengthening partnerships and collaboration with elementary and secondary education,business and industry, community-based organizations, and philanthropic partners to expand and grow current programming and identify new ways to support students. Minnesota State will seek to:
- Create partnerships with diverse communities and communities of color, including inviting them to create cultural competency leadership and professional development to help Minnesota State employees learn about what is important and valued within their communities.
- Develop industry champions who will advocate for maintenance and increase in state support for Minnesota State.
Minnesota State has several existing initiatives that relate to this goal:
- Post-secondary Education Options, concurrent enrollment, and Early College, which create early pipelines to higher education for secondary students
- Work-based learning
- Expansion of credit for prior learning under the Lumina All Learning Counts grant
- Comprehensive Workforce Solutions