Not sure where to begin? Complete the following steps to consider your major options:
1. Gather Information
- Review the majors and programs available.
- Review the undergraduate catalog for descriptions and requirements.
- Visit the Career Development Center for resources on choosing and/or changing your major, including many options for self-assessment.
- Research careers related to the major you are considering. Talking with professors or people who are working in your field of interest is also beneficial.
2. Decision Making
- Summarize all of the information you've collected.
- Match your summary to possible majors.
- Weigh the benefits and costs of each possible choice.
3. Common Majors by theme