Full-time Enrollment Requirements
Federal regulations requires you to maintain full-time enrollment throughout your studies. Full-time enrollment is:
- Intensive English Program: a minimum of 18 clock hours each week
- Undergraduates: a minimum of 12 credits per semester (9 credits must be face-to-face)
- Masters and Doctoral: a minimum of 6 credits per semester (3 credits must be face-to-face)
Fall and Spring Semesters
You must enroll full-time during the fall and spring semesters or be approved for Reduced Course Load.
An online, or distance learning course for the purpose of international student regulations means a course that is primarily offered through technology and does not require the student's physical attendance for classes, examinations or other purposes integral to completion of the class. Only one online or distance learning class can count toward a full course of study for an F-1 student during each semester.
- Intensive English Program students may not register for any online or distance courses
- Undergraduate students must be registered for a minimum of nine (9) face-to-face credits
- Masters and Doctoral students must be registered for a minimum of three (3) face-to-face credits