Graduate Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at Minnesota State University, Mankato. We are here to help at any point in the process, so please be sure to contact us with any questions.
Application requirements for graduate programs vary. Please consult the degree program web pages for additional information. International students should also read the information posted on the web page designed for International Master's and Doctoral Students.
Choose the appropriate application based on the program you intend to pursue:
Athletic Training applicants should apply via the Athletic Training Centralized Application System.
Communication Sciences and Disorders applicants should apply using the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service.
All Other Applicants
Apply Here for Entry Terms Summer 2024, Fall 2024, and Spring 2025
Required Application Materials
Please submit the following materials to the Office of Admissions:
- An online application. The application can be used to apply for degree-seeking as well as non-degree seeking study.
- Unofficial transcripts. As part of the application process, you must upload unofficial transcripts from each institution listed on your application. If you attended Minnesota State University, Mankato, or any other Minnesota State institution, you can retrieve unofficial copies from E-Services. If you no longer have access to E-Services, please notify us at email@example.com, and we can assist.
- Applicants who were educated outside of the United States must arrange for a credential evaluation to be submitted as part of your application. The evaluation must be written by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Test scores (if required by the degree program). Send test scores to the College of Graduate Studies and Research directly from the Educational Testing Service. Minnesota State Mankato's ETS code is 6677.
- Application fee. You will need to pay the $40 non-refundable application processing fee at the end of your completed application. Your application will not be reviewed until that has been paid.
Important Application Information
- Graduate programs often require additional admission materials specific to the academic program. Please consult the degree program web pages for additional admission requirements.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to you.
- Please note that your answers to the application questions regarding residency and citizenship impact the tuition rate you will be charged.
- Withholding or providing incorrect information on your application is considered fraud and could impact your ability to attend the University.
- You will need to submit an Immunization Record. This step is not required during the application process but will be required prior to registering for courses.
Non-degree Seeking Applicants
To apply as a non-degree seeking student:
- Start an application for the entry term to which you are applying above.
- Search the keyword "Non-Degree" on the Add Program page of the application.
- Add the "Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student Status" program to your application.
Please be advised that most non-degree seeking applicants are not eligible for federal financial aid programs.