Graduate Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at Minnesota State University, Mankato. We welcome your application for admission. International applicants should also read the information posted at the web page designed for Graduate International Applicants.
Athletic Training applicants should apply via the Athletic Training Centralized Application System.
Communication Disorders applicants should apply using the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service.
All Other Applicants
Apply Here For Entry Terms: Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023
Graduate programs often require additional admission materials specific to the academic program. Please consult the degree program web pages for additional admission requirements.
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
To apply as a non-degree seeking student:
- Start an application for the entry term to which you are applying above.
- Search the keyword "Non-Degree" on the Add Program page of the application.
- Add the "Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student Status" program to your application.
Please be advised that most non-degree seeking applicants are not eligible for federal financial aid programs.
Please submit the following materials to the Office of Admissions:
- An online application. The application can be used to apply for degree-seeking as well as non-degree seeking study.
- As part of the application process, you must upload unofficial transcripts from each institution listed on your application. Students who attended Minnesota State University, Mankato or any other Minnesota State institution can retrieve unofficial copies from E-Services. If you no longer have access to E-Services, please notify us at email@example.com and we can assist.
- Applicants who were educated outside of the United States must arrange for a credential evaluation to be submitted as part of their application. The evaluation must be written by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Test scores (if required by the degree program). Send test scores to the College of Graduate Studies and Research directly from the Educational Testing Service. Minnesota State Mankato's ETS code is 6677.
- $40.00 non–refundable application fee.
- Immunization Record This step is not required as part of the application but is required prior to registering.
Please note that submitted documents are not returned to the applicant.