International Admission Checklist
Bachelor's International Students
All the following information and forms are required and must be provided to be considered for admission to Minnesota State University, Mankato. Students must provide all documentation required in the three (3) steps listed.
step 1: email your Personal and academic information
The following documents should be emailed to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email documents once and include your TechID, as multiple submissions and emails without your TechID slowdown application processing.
- Submit proof of English Proficiency.
- Provide to Minnesota State University, Mankato records of ALL secondary (High School) and post-secondary (AFTER High School) institutions you have attended. This includes English Language institutions or programs attended in the U.S.
- NON-U.S. RECORDS: All Non-U.S. records must be originals OR official copies and must be translated into English.
- NON-U.S. RECORDS: Students not intending to transfer credits from outside of the U.S. must still provide academic records for Admissions consideration, but would not be required to have their credits evaluated by an outside credentialing agency. If you intend to transfer credits from abroad, please see our International Transfer Student page.
- U.S. RECORDS: OFFICIAL transcripts for U.S. Colleges or universities must be sent to Admissions DIRECTLY by each U.S. college and university.
UPDATED MARCH 7, 2022: All financial documents must be submitted through our Financial Documentation e-form. Documentation sent through email will NOT be accepted or acknowledged.
International students studying on an F-1 or J-1 student visa are required to submit proof of funding for 9 months of academic expenses and living costs. The current estimated cost of attendance is available here. Students may expect some cost increase in each subsequent year at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- If a sponsor (family, friend, other) will be supplying a bank statement to demonstrate proof of funds, you must attach an Affidavit (Letter) of Support by downloading and editing this template for each sponsor.
- You will submit the letter along with the bank statement(s) in the e-form.
- The following are acceptable financial documents:
- Bank Statement/Financial Statement
- Loan Approval
- Scholarship/Grant/Award/Financial Guarantee
- If submitting bank statements/financial statements, you must furnish RECENT (no more than 3 months old), copies of legal bank statements with the account owner’s NAME on it, or scholarship awards verifying the availability of the total amount of tuition.
- Fraudulent financial statements will result in automatic application denial.
step 3: pay the $20 application fee
A $20 application fee is required from all undergraduate applicants. You can pay the $20 application fee by following these instructions.
If you have questions about Minnesota State Mankato and you have NOT submitted an application, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Kearney International Center at +1-507-389-5200.