Fall 2024 Orientation Updates
This page serves as the location for updates on Summer/Fall 2024 Orientation.
- Registration for Summer/Fall 2024 admitted students is open.
- Transfer student orientation will be in an online format for the Summer/Fall 2024. An emailed invitation will be sent out weekly.
- New entering first year students will have the option of either attendin orientation on-campus at the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus or online. Invitations to register for orientation will be emailed weekly.
- The Orientation fee is $75 for Transfer and New Students.
- After registering for orientation both transfer and new first year students will be enrolled into online modules to complete before the first week of classes. The D2L learning platform will be used for the online modules.
- Part of orientation includes class advising and registration for students' first semester as a Maverick. Transfer students will start the class advising/registration process with a synchronous Zoom information session that students will choose when they receive their Orientation invitation through email. After the Zoom session, students will set up a time with advising to register for courses.
- New entering first year students will complete their advising and registration online during a synchronous Zoom session similar to the transfer student experience or in-person if they choose to attend the on-campus orientation. Email invitations will allow new first year students to choose either an online date or an on-campus date to attend for orientation.
- Choosing an earlier orientation provides the most opportunity for course availability. As orientation sessions are completed, courses begin to fill and students may see less course options to choose from. Students who attend orientation at later dates will still be able to create course schedules but they may not see as many course options as they would in earlier orientation sessions.