ADHD ServicesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/shs/adhdclinicservices.html
Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
The following Diagnostic Criteria are required from outside providers for Minnesota State Mankato Student Health Services:
- Symptoms are documented as being present prior to age 12
- Self-report meeting criteria as outlined by DSM-IV or DSM-V
- Others' reports (parent or other guardian invovled in childhood) meeting criteria as outlined in DSM-IV or DSM-V
- Intelligence testing (WAIS IV - Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale - if testing as an adult)
- An assesment of reading, math, and writing skills (Woodcock Johnson III Test of Achievement)
- Barkley ADD / ADHD Adult Structured Interview - if applicable to age
- Murphy ADD / ADHD Adult Structured Interview - if applicable to age
This documentation can be faxed or mailed to Student Health Services using this Release of Information.
If all of these criteria are not present in records presented from an outside provider, you have the following options:
- Continue to get your prescriptions from your previous prescriber and fill at Student Health Services Pharmacy at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Get a comprehensive evaluation completed by a PhD licensed psychologist, keeping in mind the requirements outlined above. Student Health Services can provide the names of local psychologists who provide comprehensive exams. Your insurance may or may not cover the cost of this evaluation.
*The Student Health Services Pharmacy at Minnesota State Mankato can fill any prescription from any doctor or clinic.