Competition Team Info
2023 Homecoming competition and royalty registration
REQUIRED: READ THE PACKET BELOW FOR RULES AND POINT STRUCTURE
Homecoming Royalty Applications DUE: Friday, September 22 at 11:59 pm
Homecoming Competition Team Registration DUE: Wednesday, September 27 at 11:59 pm
What you will need:
- Primary Contact Info
- Team Name
- Which events your team will participate in including
- Volleyball Tournament
- Lego Building Contest
- Royalty Candidates
- Lip Sync Battle
Minnesota State University, Mankato has made it a tradition to embrace and encourage all students to get involved. In 2016, the Homecoming Committee, Student Events Team, and the Minnesota State Student Association, (MSSA) have worked together to discuss the topic of the King and Queen titles to be inclusive.
Minnesota State University, Mankato prides itself on diversity and inclusivity for all students. The Homecoming Committee chooses royalty based on leadership, involvement, academic excellence, and the most Maverick spirit.
The Homecoming Committee will select a court of 10 individuals to represent the student body. From these ten, two Royalty will be chosen regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
Royalty Court Selection
Homecoming court will be chosen based on the following:
- Demonstrated leadership on campus
- Demonstrated involvement in campus activities
- Academic excellence
- Ability to represent Minnesota State University, Mankato with a positive image
Homecoming Royalty Rubric
Homecoming Royalty will be chosen based on the following
- 30% Candidate Interview
- 40% Percentage of Student Vote
- 30% Attendance at Homecoming Events
Homecoming Royalty Requirements
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 30 credits at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the University.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- All Royalty Court members are required to attend the Homecoming Kickoff, Consent Event, and Lip-Sync.
- All Royalty Court members are required to attend a Homecoming Royalty meeting - Date TBD. If a candidate cannot attend this meeting, the Homecoming Chair or the Student Events Team advisor must excuse them in advance. This meeting will cover the duties of the Homecoming Royalty along with handing out posters.