New ​Student Information and Resources

Frequently requested items and important information for new students.

Services from Registration and Academic Records

Registration and Academic Records handles academic records and registration. We can assist with transcripts, class registration, immunization records, legal name changes, preferred name, information releases and more. Visit our forms page to get started on many of these tasks.

Admissions Office

Our Admissions office can help answer any questions about the application process, application requirements, visiting campus and confirming enrollment.

Common Market Program

The Common Market Program allows students who are already admitted to Minnesota State Mankato to take courses at Bethany Lutheran College, Gustavus Adolphus College, Bemidji State University or Metropolitan State University without needing to go through the admissions process.

Consortium Agreements

A Consortium Agreement allows Minnesota State Mankato students to use financial aid at another MinnState school, for courses applicable to their degree.

Data Privacy Policy

Information relating to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act can be found on our Directory Information & Privacy page.

Financial Information

Midwest Student Exchange Program

You can participate in this program if you are currently a resident of Nebraska, Missouri, Indiana, Kansas, or Ohio. This offers reduced out-of-state tuition for qualifying students. Simply indicate your state of legal residence on your admissions application to receive the reduced rate.

Preferred Name

Students are able to indicate their preferred name through eservices. Once logged into eservices from the student dashboard select Account Management and then select Name and Address Info.

Not to be used to change your legal name.

Residency and Reciprocity

When you first become a Minnesota State Mankato student, the Admissions Office sets your residency status based upon the information they have. Your status usually does not change over your academic career. Non-resident students will pay non-resident tuition unless reciprocity is approved by the student's home state.