Completed applications must be submitted, including all required material, five (5) working days prior to the start of classes. Under certain circumstances, the University may institute an earlier priority admission deadline.
Minnesota State Mankato is test-optional for admissions. We will make admission decisions based on high school transcripts and GPA for students that do not provide ACT or SAT scores. Students who apply will not be required to submit ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admission and missing test scores will not be required prior to attending. If students submit test scores they will be used in the admission process.
Note: If you have earned credits at a college or university, request official transcripts from those institutions to be sent to the Office of Admissions after you have completed your last course.
Once you are admitted:
- Tell us you are coming!
- Apply online for on-campus housing.
- Please confirm your enrollment before signing up to reserve housing.
- Consider joining a Learning Community to connect with others in your program!
- Fill out the FAFSA form to apply for financial aid. The University's code is 002360.
- Sign up for orientation.
- Orientation is where you will register for your upcoming semester courses.
- You will not be able to sign up for orientation until you have completed the enrollment confirmation step above.