Undergraduate Application Instructions

Congratulations on your decision to apply to Minnesota State Mankato! We are here to help at any point in the process, so please be sure to contact us with any questions.

Undergraduate Application

First-year students, transfer students, PSEO/concurrent enrollment, and non-degree seeking students complete the same undergraduate application linked below. International students should follow the International Application Instructions.

Once you have submitted your application, you will need to pay the $20 non-refundable application processing fee. Your application will not be reviewed until that has been paid.

Completed applications, paper or online, must be submitted with all required materials no less than five (5) working days prior to the start of classes. Under certain circumstances, the University may institute an earlier priority admission deadline.

Apply Now

Printable Application Form

First-Year Students

First-year students are students who have not attempted or completed any college-level credits after high school graduation.

Application documents

1. Request that an official high school transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions. You may also send your ACT or SAT scores; see test-optional information below.

2. If you have earned credits at a college or university, request official transcripts from those institutions to be sent to the Office of Admissions after you have completed your last course.

Test-Optional: Minnesota State Mankato is test-optional for admissions.

To submit application documents:

Your counselor can either send in your transcripts through an electronic transcripts service like Naviance, Parchment, or Scoir, or as an email attachment to admissions@mnsu.edu, or mail them to:

Office of Admissions
Minnesota State University, Mankato
122 Taylor Center
Mankato, MN 56001

Admission Checklist

Admission Requirements

Transfer Students

Transfer students use the same application as high school students; please refer to our Transfer Student Admission pages for more information.


Anyone with military experience is considered a transfer student. Please visit the Veterans Resource Center for information about veterans' assistance on our campus.

International Students

Please visit the international bachelor student page for application information for international bachelor's students.

Changes to your Application

If, after applying, you need to change your basic information (such as phone number, address, and intended major), call Admissions at 507-389-1822, and changes can be made over the phone.


  • Please note that your answers to the application questions regarding residency and citizenship impact the tuition rate you will be charged.
  • Withholding or providing incorrect information on your application is considered fraud and could impact your ability to attend the University.
  • Some students may need to submit an Immunization Record after they are admitted. This step is not required during the application process. Out-of-state and some other applicants will be notified if this step is required after admission.

Previously Admitted Students

If you have been admitted to the University for a previous semester but did not enroll in courses, you must re-submit an application for admission in order to register for classes. You do not need to pay the application fee again if you paid it previously. Contact the Office of Admissions if you have questions at 507-389-1822 or admissions@mnsu.edu.

Returning Students

If you were formerly enrolled at Minnesota State Mankato as a regular student (post-high school), you do not need to apply again, even if you have taken courses elsewhere. Instead, please refer to the Returning Students information and contact the Registration Help Desk at 507-389-2252.

The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains the University's policy statements and crime statistics. The policy statements address the school's safety and security policies, procedures, and programs. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain crimes reported to have occurred on-campus or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online. You may request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111 or by emailing security@mnsu.edu.

Placement & Occupational Outlook for Majors are available at www.mnsu.edu/cdc/. (Click on Resources and then Graduate Statistics)