Mankato Area Lifelong Learners welcomes everyone who wishes to share the joys of learning and friendship in an informal setting. There are no prerequisites. Quarterly programs, special events and social activities provide opportunities to make new social connections.
We began, in 1996, by a steering committee of community leaders. It is a member-directed organization responsible for its own financial, clerical and programming functions. The University, as our sponsoring institution, has generously provided gathering and office space. Sessions are planned for fall, winter, spring and summer. Programs are taught by members or outside speakers who share their knowledge and experience in such areas of interest as history, literature, arts, theater, music, science, philosophy and personal finance.
- Harriet Plotz, President
- Barbara Keating, Vice President
- Nancy Zwickey, Treasurer
- JoAnn Rom, Secretary
- Georgia Holmes, Past President
- Diane Norland, Member-At-Large
- Linda Wenkel, Member-At-Large
- David Janovy, Administration & Finance Co-Chair
- Rallah Madison, Administration & Finance Co-Chair
- Bruce Birkemeyer, Great Decisions Co-Chair
- Georgia Holmes, Great Decisions Co-Chair
- Sharon Schindle, Membership Chair
- Sue Howard, Presentations Chair
- Mary Bliesmer, Special Events Chair
Upcoming Council Meeting
- January 17, 2022 9am at North Mankato Police Annex
Join anytime. Become a member today!
- $35 annual membership*
- $140 bundled membership with 1 year of unlimited presentations included*