What is MediaSpace?
MediaSpace is our statewide media management system that uses Kaltura products. You can think of it as a private YouTube for our college and university system.
- Fully integrated with a screen capture tool, Kaltura Capture
- Directly embed media into D2L Brightspace from MediaSpace
What is Kaltura Capture?
This is our enterprise screen recording solution for all current faculty, staff and students.
- Easily record and share presentations, lectures, meetings, and mobile video from virtually anywhere.
- It is fully integrated with our statewide media management system, MediaSpace (Kaltura).
What is Video Quiz?
The Video Quiz tool in MediaSpace allows you to embed quiz questions into existing videos:
- Inserted quiz questions pause the video, prompt learners to answer before the video continues.
- Interactive video quizzes increase audience interest in lecture videos and reinforce active learning strategies.
- Guide: MediaSpace How to Kaltura Capture
- Guide: MediaSpace Video Quiz Creation
- Guide: Requesting Captions within MediaSpace
- Guide: Playlists and Channels in MediaSpace
- Additional MinnState Resources Note: You may be prompted to log in with your Star ID and Password to access this site.
- Learn about real-time updates for Kaltura.
How do I get help with MediaSpace?
- Join a MediaSpace Drop-In Training & Support Session
- Reach out for an individual or group consultation with an Instructional Designer
This document outlines 10 strategies for engaging learners with Lecture Capture.