Invigilation/Online Proctoring and Anti-Plagiarism
What is Anti-Plagiarism?
Anti-plagiarism software equips educators with the tools needed in order to effectively check the originality and integrity of a student's work.
What is Invigilation / online proctoring?
Invigilation, sometimes called online proctoring, is the process of ensuring that students are taking their own exams.
Academic Integrity Online
Software is just one part of academic integrity online. Assuring academic integrity includes a range of design approaches, teaching methods, and technologies that can help bring rigor to the evaluation process for online and blended assessments.
If you are considering strategies regarding Invigilation/Anti-Plagiarism, please browse our documentation on Assessment and Feedback Strategies, including:
Helpful Anti-Plagiarism Resources for Students
- MNSU Library Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial
- Academic Honesty: Plagiarism Primer from the Center for Academic Success
- LinkedIn Learning Videos:
Helpful Tips for Instructors
Some helpful practices for ensuring academic integrity include:
- Monitor your D2L Brightspace Grades
- Reporting any suspicious activity to IT Solutions
- Always follow data security and privacy best practices such as never sharing your password with anyone
- Connect with MinnState colleagues and resources for online proctoring, including Contract Resources with a list of approved products and vendors
Invigilation and Anti-Plagiarism tech tools
Browse the tools below to learn more.
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection software and acts as a tool to educate students how to correctly and effectively use secondary sources.
Respondus Lockdown is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within D2L. While the quiz is locked down, students are not able to use other programs on their computer.
Respondus Monitor is an add on feature of Respondus LockDown Browser that records students via webcam while taking a quiz online. The Monitor software then scans the videos and flags activity for review by the instructor. Please contact IT Solutions if you are interested in using this software.