Admission EligibilityPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/pseo/requirements.html
Eligibility and Admissions Requirements
Interested students must submit a completed Minnesota State Mankato application along with a current high school transcript, ACT test results (if available) and transcripts from any other post-secondary institutions attended. Students must also complete parts one and two of the Minnesota Department of Education Notice of Student Registration Form. PSEO students do not pay application fees, but all materials must be submitted to the Admissions Office no later than July 15 for fall semester and December 15 for spring semester.
Students must meet PSEO admissions requirements to be eligible to participate in the PSEO program; admissions requirements vary according to high school grade level, as well as whether or not the student attends a high school that measures class rank or cumulative GPA.
- Must rank in the top 50% of high school class * OR
- Maintain at or above a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) * OR
- Achieve a 21 or higher composite score on the ACT exam *
*With satisfactory class rank, ACT score and GPA plus satisfactory college preparatory coursework
Seniors MUST submit an ACT to be considered for admission.
- Must rank in the top 67% of high school class OR
- Maintain at or above a 3.3 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) OR
- Achieve a 24 or higher composite score on the ACT exam *
* With a satisfactory class rank, ACT score and GPA plus satisfactory college preparatory coursework
Home Schooled Students:
- Seniors must have a composite ACT score of 21 or better
- Juniors must have a composite ACT score of 24 or better.
Freshman and Sophomore high school students are not eligible to participate in PSEO courses on campus, however they may be eligible to enroll in a concurrent enrollment course offered at one of our our partner high schools. Please click here for more information regarding concurrent enrollment admission and eligibilty requirements.
Mail completed PSEO application materials to:
Office of Admissions
Minnesota State University, Mankato
122 Taylor Center
Mankato, MN 56001