International Travel Consults
If you are planning to study or travel abroad, Student Health Services offers appointments to discuss various pre-travel vaccinations and health care concerns with a medical provider.
- Call Student Health Services at 507-389-6276 to schedule your international travel consult appointment at least 4-6 weeks before your planned departure. This will allow appropriate timing for needed vaccinations.
- Visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website for information/requirements for your planned destination(s) at wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel. Educate yourself about possible health concerns and alerts specific to your travel plans.
- Bring the following information to your appointment:
- The CDC travel information specific to your planned destination
- All of your immunization records
- Your itinerary and activities
- A list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, if any
- Insurance covereage for international travel consults and immunizations varies by policy. Please check with your insurance to inquire about coverage for your travel visit and potential vaccinations. An insurance customer service phone number is provided on the back of your insurance card.
Don't wait until it is too late! Call 507-389-6276 to schedule your visit!