Student Service Coordinators
Available positions will be posted the week of January 8, 2024.
- SSCs provide direct supervision to our residence community Front Desk teams.
- SSCs provide leadership in coordinating occupancy for our halls.
Residential Life compensates for on-campus visits, including travel and lodging, up to $500.
Graduate Assistants have a salary of $10,000 for 9.5 months of academic year employment, plus additional compensation for training days. Summer employment has a salary of $5,000.
Graduate Assistants (GAs) receive full graduate tuition remission (at the graduate school tuition level rate), approximately valued at $12,242.40. Such enrollment shall not exceed twelve (12) credit hours per semester.
GAs have the option of taking classes and taking on a summer GA position, but this is not required. Some graduate students have chosen to take an off-campus internship in the summer. Summer GAs shall receive full summer graduate tuition remission valued at $6,121.20.
Residential Life Benefits:
- A 75/75 meal plan for use during the academic year. Valued at approximately $1,400.
- Contemporary office furnishings and an office computer.
- Additional compensation for training. Valued at approximately $90 per day of training.
- Utilize $450 professional development fund for your conference travel, organization memberships, and subscriptions.
- A one bedroom furnished apartment, including local phone service, local digital cable service, ethernet access, wifi, a washer and dryer located within the apartment.
- Our pet policy allows one cat, one caged bird, or many fish in an aquarium up to 20 gallons in volume.
- A fiance, spouse, domestic partner, or legally dependent children may share the apartment.
The department has professional development opportunities and affiliations with the following organizations. Additional opportunities may be explored in consultation with your supervisor.
- Participate in a two-week fall training period.
- Share your knowledge through training and program presentations; fall and in-service CA training, and other opportunities.
- Join committees or present at Regional Student Affairs and Housing Conferences (including UMR, ATCCHA, MCPA, Spring Leadership Institute).
We are Proudly Associated with these Organizations:
- Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I)
- Upper Midwest Region of the Association of College and University Housing Officers (UMR-ACUHO)
- American College Personnel Association/College Student Educators International (ACPA)
- Minnesota College Personnel Association (MCPA)
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH)
- Midwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (MACURH)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Association For Student Conduct Administrators (ASCA)
- Associated Twin Cities College Housing Administrators (ATCCHA)
We hope you find them comfortable and inviting, with modern furnishings, wireless internet, laundry, and adequate storage space. The apartments come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with a variety of amenities. We expect our live-in staff to adhere to University policies regarding smoking and alcohol.
Priority Application Due Date:
- February 12, 2024
Zoom Screening Interviews:
- Mid to Late February
- Mid-Late March
Graduate Assistantship Offers Extended:
- Late March/Early April