Students moving into Residential Life Housing for the first time in Spring 2024 will be notified mid-late December 2023 of their room assignment.
Why do you wait to release room assignments?
The residence communities close for winter break on Friday, December 8. At the end of fall semester, students will leave for various reasons (graduation, transfer, withdrawal, etc.)
After the halls close, we work to ensure we have an accurate list of all the rooms available so we can assign you to a room you want to be in.
When assigned, you will receive an email and details will be available in the Housing & Dining Portal. Included in the notification will be your roommate's name and contact information.
Packing and Shipping
- Plan for what to bring to college.
- Talk to your roommate to make sure sure you're not doubling up on items (microwave, mini fridge, futon). They may already have some of these items in the room.
- If you are planning to ship items to yourself, the first date we will accept packages is December 11. Packages will be available for pick-up at Front Desks beginning Friday, January 5. Questions on shipping should be directed to Matt Burns.
On Move-In Day
Move-in Day is an exciting day for our new residents! Review tips below to make your move-in process as smooth as possible.
- There are no timeslots for move-in, which means you can choose which day and time you'd like to move in. Move-in begins on Friday, January 5 and concludes on Sunday, January 7. We will be ready for you beginning at 8 a.m. each day (until 10 p.m.)
- Have your MavCARD in hand (you will need it to eat, get into your hall, and more!)
- Know where you're going and download your campus map before arrival. There is no designated traffic route to campus for spring move-in.
- Park near your residence community to unload.
- After unloading, move your car to Lot 14 or 16 Green residence hall parking lots. Avoid a ticket by not parking in Gold, Platinum, and Facility stalls.
- Carts will be available for checkout at Front Desks on main campus. Unfortunately carts are not available at Stadium Heights.
- Check-in at your assigned residence community Front Desk (or Stadium Heights Office). Front Desks are located in lobbies. Check the Housing & Dining Portal if you do not know your room assignment.
- Room keys will be issued to you upon check-in.
- Complete your Room Condition Report and turn it in at your Front Desk/Stadium Heights Office.
- Get connected to the Internet by following these instructions.
- Break down your moving boxes and bring them to designated recycling areas or take them home for reuse.
- Make sure you are parked in your assigned parking lot by 3 p.m. on Sunday, January 7 as this is when enforcement begins.
Returning residents do not need to check-in when returning to campus. It is, however, helpful to give your CA a heads up that you are back on campus.
The first meal is lunch on Friday, January 5 (begins at 11 a.m. in the University Dining Center).
mail & packages
Mail and package service resumes on Friday, January 5.