Residence Communities Close at 7 p.m. on December 8
Food service ends at 1:30 p.m. and doors lock at 7 p.m. Residents will not have access to their community over the break period, unless they register for Winter Break Housing.
To ensure the safety and security of our facilities, staff members check every resident's room during closing procedures. If a policy violation is observed while staff are securing the building, staff will document the violation and follow-up when the resident returns in January.
Residents found staying in the residence communities during Winter Break who did not register will be charged the full rate plus an administrative fee and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
Starting at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, December 6 enforcement ends in all green permit areas and yellow guest stalls located in Lot 16 Light Green, Lot 15, Lot 14 Stripe, 14A, and Lots 1, 2, and 20a Dark Green to accommodate loading for winter break.
Julia Sears residents may use the yellow curbside on West Road for loading purposes from 6 a.m. on December 6 through 7 p.m. on December 8 (car must be moved to a permitted lot after loading). Hazard lights must be flashing when parking curbside. Parking curbside outside of this approved time is not allowed.
Gold parking, meters, facilities/vendor, Res Life Guest, New Student & Family Programs, Health Services and any other miscellaneous reserved stalls WILL CONTINUE TO BE ENFORCED.
Full enforcement will resume at 6 a.m. on Monday, January 8.
TAKE YOUR CAR WITH YOU
If you have a vehicle on campus, you must take it with you (it cannot stay here). Vehicles deemed abandoned after 7 days may be ticketed/towed from the campus at the owner's expense.
Residents living in suites and apartments can avoid potential cleaning charges by making sure their bathrooms are clean for Winter Break inspections. Bathrooms that do not meet inspection guidelines will be cleaned by custodial staff and roommates will be held jointly responsible for cleaning charges.
The residence communities open at 8 a.m. on Friday, January 5, 2024 for the Spring Semester. You may return any time after that.
WINTER BREAK REGISTRATION
- Only residents returning for Spring Semester are eligible to register for Winter Break Housing.
- Residents who register will stay in their own room during the break period.
- The University Dining Center closes at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, December 8.
- There is no food service provided during Winter Break. Mav Ave in the CSU will be open limited hours during break.
- Residents who register by December 1 will pay $480 (early bird rate).
- Residents who register after December 1 will pay $530.
- Residents living at Stadium Heights can stay in their room for Winter Break for no additional charge if they register by December 1. After this date, Stadium Heights residents who register will pay $50.
- Only registered residents are eligible to park their cars on campus during Winter Break. Unregistered cars are subject to towing.
- Registered residents who live on the main campus should park in Lot 14 stripe or 16 Light Green for overnight parking needs. Stadium Heights residents may keep their cars in the parking lots in front of their buildings.
Resources and information for students who have registered to stay on campus over Winter Break.
View information and highlights about hall closing for Winter Break.