Students have an opportunity to change their room assignment before and after they arrive.
After our July 1 cancellation deadline, spaces open up. We try to accommodate students' preferences for a desired room or roommate through the Room Change Waitlist.
Students may add their name to the Room Change Waitlist June 12 - August 4, 2023.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your waitlist request. We recommend adding your name to the waitlist when the form opens so that we can keep eyes on it longer (and hopefully meet your request). We consider waitlist requests in the order that they are received.
If we cannot honor waitlist requests by August 4, students will have an opportunity to change rooms during Room Change Days (September 5-6, 2023).
Follow these steps to access the Room Change Waitlist:
- Log in to the Housing & Dining Portal beginning at 9 a.m. on June 12. We will accept submissions until 12 p.m. (noon) on August 4.
- Select "Forms" and click on "Room Change Waitlist 2023".
- Students with a roommate preference should ensure that BOTH students submit their OWN waitlist request.
- If we are able to honor a waitlist request, we will make the change immediately and notify the student via email.
- Only select the room options that you'd be willing to change to.
- There is no going back to the old room assignment after a change has been made.
- There is no guarantee we will be able to make a change.
We offer Room Change Days during the third week of the Fall and Spring Semester. During Room Change Days, students with a housing assignment can request a room change in the Housing & Dining Portal. The Room Change Request form will be available in the portal at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, September 6. Students interested in making a room change should submit a form by 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday, September 7.
How the Process Works
- Student designates their room type preferences (including roommate preference) in Room Change Request form.
- Office staff will respond with a proposed assignment via email and the student will have 3 hours to accept or decline the room assignment. It is imperative that students check their email as this is how they will be notified.
- Students who accept the offer will begin moving on Thursday, September 8 or Friday, September 9 (or earlier upon agreement by all impacted roommates).
- Students who decline the offer will be referred to their Student Services Coordinator to make alternative room change arrangements. Student Services Coordinators will begin working with students on room changes Monday, September 12.
After Room Change Days, students can change rooms by making an appointment with their Student Services Coordinator at their Front Desk (or Stadium Heights Office). Our Student Services Coordinators work individually with students to find a space that meets their needs and preferences. We allow room changes to take place up until the last three weeks of class.
- The deadline to change rooms during the fall semester is November 18.
- The deadline to change rooms during the spring semester is April 14.
While there is no cost to do a room change, if a student moves to a more/less expensive room type, we will prorate the difference on their room charges for the remainder of the semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I swap rooms with another student? Yes, the two students who are swapping rooms should come to the Residential Life Office together to complete paperwork.
- Can I get a single room? There are very few single rooms on the main campus. You may add your name to the Single Room Waitlist. Single rooms are assigned by gender on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Are rooms available throughout the semester for room changes? Yes! Students approved for a room change are given 48 hours to complete their move and then their old room becomes available to others, so room availability is always changing.
Room Change Days Dates
- Fall 2022 Room Change Days: September 6-7, 2022
- Spring 2023 Room Change Days: January 23-24, 2023