Request Course Overload
Undergraduate students may only take 18 credits per semester unless they have an approved undergraduate overload form. You will need your faculty advisor and department chair to sign off on credit overloads, and in some cases the dean of your college and the Vice President of Academic Affairs will need to sign off as well.
The number of people required to sign off on the overload form varies depending on the number of credits you are planning to take:
- 1-18 Credits: No additional permission required
- 19-21 Credits: Faculty Advisor and Chair
- 22-24 Credits: Faculty Advisor, Chair and Dean
- 25-27 Credits: Faculty Advisor, Chair, Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Print and complete the form, and collect the appropriate signatures.
- Once you have the signatures, return the completed form to your Student Advising Director who will authorize overrides.
- If you are unsure who your Student Advising Director is, scroll to the "College Advising Centers" list on the Student Information page.
Graduate students may only take 12 credits per semester unless they have an approved graduate overload form. You will need your faculty advisor to sign off on credit overloads.
- Complete as much of this form as you can by typing into the form fields in your browser.
- Then print the form and bring it to your advisor to sign.
- Once signed, please return the form to the Graduate Studies Office, AF 115 or email@example.com.
- The Graduate Studies office will approve or deny the request and sign it.
132 Wigley Administration