Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
Transferring to Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Completion of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum fulfills the general education requirement for any degree at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Completion of any of the goal areas within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum will be accepted as completion of that same goal area at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Individual competencies will be evaluated and transferred on a course-by-course basis.
Transferring from Minnesota State University, Mankato
Students transferring from Minnesota State Mankato to another Minnesota public institution of higher education will have fulfilled the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum if they have completed 40 credits of required courses in the following ten goal areas:
- Critical Thinking
- Natural Science
- Mathematical/ Logical Reasoning
- History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Humanities and the Arts
- Human Diversity
- Global Perspective
- Ethical and Civic Responsibility
- People and the Environment
Goal areas 1C, 11, 12, and 13 are part of the general education curriculum at Minnesota State Mankato but are not goal areas in the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
Students must receive passing grades (A-D) for MnTC courses (including transfer courses). A cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0 is required to complete the entire 40 credit package.