What is Academic Forgiveness?
- One-time opportunity to remove prior grades in order to establish a new Grade Point Average (GPA) for Undergraduate Students.
- An undergraduate student may request to exclude all courses with grades of F, or all courses with the grades of D and F, prior to the point of Academic Forgiveness.
- Note: Does not apply for courses that were used to satisfy previous academic requirements or credentials (e.g., a degree, certificate, goal area within General Education, Veterans Benefits, Academic Athletic Eligibility etc…)
- Full Academic Forgiveness Policy
An undergraduate student may apply for Academic Forgiveness when one of the following conditions is met:
- Not been enrolled in any Minnesota State Mankato courses for a minimum of 3 consecutive academic years prior to the “point of academic forgiveness.”
- Chose an unsuitable major which led to academic performance less than academic ability.
After one of the above requirements are met, the student then needs to demonstrate adequate academic ability by completing the following:
- Minimum of 12 semester credits with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and a grade of “C” or higher in each course.