What Happens if Students are Suspended?
- Students cannot attend Minnesota State Mankato for one full calendar year
- Suspension may also affect the student's ability to take classes elsewhere.
- Students must apply for reinstatement to return after a full calendar year.
- Students who had extenuating circumstances or made significant progress during their most recent semester, AND have completed a Student Success Plan with a University Advisor or their college advising office may be eligible to return earlier through the Early Reinstatement Process.
- Financial Aid is also "SUSPENDED" -> Students can appeal this status to try and be eligible for aid. Students can contact Campus Hub for details specific to their financial aid status (507) 389-1866.
Why is My Student on Academic Suspension?
The student failed to:
- Reach 66.67% Cumulative completion rate
- Reach a Semester GPA of
Number of Credits Local GPA 0-30 1.7 31-59 1.85 60+ 2.0
- Both 1 and 2 are true.