What Happens When a Student is on Academic Probation?
- The student will be notified of their probation status in an e-mail from the Office of the Provost.
- A registration hold is placed on the student's account while on academic probation. This hold is meant to protect the student from making an uninformed decision. The student will work with an University Advisor to take care of this hold.
- The student's Financial Aid is on "Suspension"-> They need to contact Campus Hub for details specific to ther financial aid status (507) 389-1866
- If the student is reinstated early, they will work with University Advising to discuss their academic standing and to develop a Student Success Plan.
- The student will receive information with what steps they need to take and various requirements of their academic probation status during their first meeting with an University Advisor
- If the student is coming back after a full year of suspension, they will work with the advising office of their colllege
- If a student is continuing on probation, they will work with college advising/SRCs
- Find the college advising office
Why is My Student on Academic Probation?
- The student earned a term GPA of 2.5 and a term Completion Rate of 66.67% when they were on track to be suspended the following semester.
- The student's Application for Reinstatement from Academic Suspension was formally approved.