Certificate of Liability TULIP Letter

Thank-you for your interest in allowing Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU) to host

As required by State of Minnesota Department of Administration as well as Minnesota State System, all prospective users of our facilities are asked to provide MSU with verification of General Liability insurance in the form of a Certificate of Liability (C.O.L.). 

The required Certificate of Liability should state General Liability coverage terms equal to or greater than $2,000,000.00 coverage per occurrence as well as $2,000,000.00 general aggregate.  An Umbrella or Excess Liability policy may be used in conjunction with the General Liability policy to meet the minimum $2,000,000 requirement.  The certificate should clearly state coverage is extended to and the following are added additional insureds to the policy:

Minnesota State University, Mankato
7700 France Ave S.
Edina, MN 55435

This necessary Certificate of Liability may be made available to you by contacting your personal liability/homeowners insurance agent.  Your agent may be able to provide coverage as part of an existing policy, or it may be possible to add additional coverage specific to the event described above.

Should your insurance provider not be able to provide the required coverage or in certain circumstances no such coverage, you may utilize the T.U.L.I.P. (Tenant-User Liability Insurance Policy) program.  By going to the world wide web and following internet address provided below, you will have the opportunity to purchase additional coverage (if needed) to meet the $2,000,000.00 threshold

T.U.L.I.P. Website Address: https://tulip.ajgrms.com/

Upon accessing the T.U.L.I.P. website, please click on the CALENDAR icon at the upper left hand corner of the home page.  From there you will be asked to provide the necessary personal contact and event specific information.  Under Additional Coverage and Limits make sure to select the box, “would you like excess coverage”, select “yes” and enter $1,000,000 in the drop down menu under “select an excess coverage limit”.  This will provide you with the additional coverage you will need to come up with the $2,000,000.  For the next question “will alcohol be sold during the event”, select “no”, as the vendor will be providing the alcohol insurance.  The Total Premium and Fees for T.U.L.I.P. should be around $392.  If not, you may have omitted something.  You will then be able to purchase applicable policy coverage with a credit card.

Once the transaction is completed, copies of the application and certificate of insurance will be emailed to Vickie Hanson at msuspaceuse@mnsu.edu.   Upon MSU’s receipt of the Certificate of Liability generated by the T.U.L.I.P. website, a contract specific to the terms of your event, will be generated by MSU and provided to you for completion.

If you have any questions related to this information, please feel free to contact Finance and Administration at (507) 389-6621.


Chandler J. Holland
Director of Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management
Minnesota State University, Mankato

How to obtain a Tenant-User Liability Insurance Policy

You must visit the website and fill out the form.