What is Zoom?
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile app that allows users to meet online, with or without video for up to 500 attendees.
Get Started with zoom
Use these helpful guides for a quick start to using Zoom:
- Get Started: Zoom Video Conferencing Guide
- Recording Presentations with Zoom
- Zoom Instructions for Students
Zoom Privacy and Security
- Protect your meetings: Zoom Privacy and Security
How Can I get Help with Zoom?
There are many ways to get assistance with Zoom video conferencing.
- Join a Zoom Drop-in Training & Support Session
- Zoom Help Center
- Zoom Tutorial Videos
- Zoom Live Webinars
You can also request individual or group training with an Instructional Designer.
- How to configure your audio and video in a Zoom meeting
- How to share your screen in a Zoom meeting
- How to record a Zoom meeting
- How to use and manage Zoom break out rooms
- How to schedule a Zoom meeting in Outlook
- How to schedule, share, and start Zoom meetings from your mobile device
- How to share and collaboratively annotate a white board in a Zoom meeting
Highlighted Zoom Features
Zoom is available to all students, faculty, and staff with StarID credentials.
Zoom Users Can:
- Create a customized personal meeting ID link
- Schedule a Zoom meeting using Outlook
- Collaborate on projects
- Share or annotate on one another's screens
- Record sessions
- Faculty and staff recordings are saved for 365 days
- Student recordings are saved for 180 days
- Cloud recordings are automatically saved to MediaSpace for permanent storage.
- Connect with almost any laptop, tablet, or device
- Windows, Apple, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, Chomebooks, Chrome OS, Linux
Transition from Adobe Connect
Adobe Connect Pro will continue to be available until May 15, 2020. Any recordings stored in Adobe Connect must be downloaded from Adobe Connect prior to that date. These recordings can be stored permanently in MediaSpace.
This document outlines 10 strategies for engaging learners with online meetings.