Register with your StarID
If you have a StarID, registration for undergraduate or graduate courses can be completed in just a few steps. I don't have a StarID, or I can't remember it.
- Login to e-services with your StarID.
- Search for the classes you want to take.
StarID from any of the other Minnesota State system institutions?
If you have a StarID from any of the other Minnesota State system institutions, you can register as a remote student on our campus. Consult with your home campus financial aid office if you plan to use financial aid to pay for your summer course(s) with us.
If you don’t see a class you need or a class is full:
If you don’t see a class you need or if a class you want to register for is full don’t give up. In many cases, we will be adding courses or opening additional sections. You can be added to a waitlist.
Application requirements for graduate programs vary. Please consult the degree program web pages for additional information.
Graduate Student Applicants (check "Specific Graduate Student Population Information" below prior to completing the following steps)
Please complete the following steps:
- Complete an online application. The application can be used to apply for degree-seeking as well as non-degree seeking study.
- Upload unofficial transcripts.
- As part of the application process, you must upload unofficial transcripts from each institution listed on your application.
- If you attended Minnesota State University, Mankato, or any other Minnesota State institution, you can retrieve unofficial copies from E-Services. If you no longer have access to E-Services, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can assist.
- Applicants who were educated outside of the United States must arrange for a credential evaluation to be submitted as part of your application. The evaluation must be written by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Send in your test scores (if required by the degree program).
- Send test scores to the College of Graduate Studies and Research directly from the Educational Testing Service. Minnesota State Mankato's ETS code is 6677.
Specific Graduate Student Population Information:
- Athletic Training applicants should apply via the Athletic Training Centralized Application System.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders applicants should apply using the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service.
- International students should also read the information posted on the web page designed for Graduate International Applicants. International students cannot be issued visas to begin the summer term. However, you can take summer courses if you are already in the United States.
- Non-degree seeking applicants:
- Complete an online application.
- Search the keyword "Non-Degree" on the Add Program page of the application.
- Add the "Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student Status" program to your application.
Important application information:
- Graduate programs often require additional admission materials specific to the academic program. Please consult the degree program web pages for additional admission requirements.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to you.
- Please note that your answers to the application questions regarding residency and citizenship impact the tuition rate you will be charged.
- Withholding or providing incorrect information on your application is considered fraud and could impact your ability to attend the University.
- You will need to submit an Immunization Record. This step is not required during the application process but will be required prior to registering for courses.
If you are a current high school student participating in the PSEO program, you will need to apply separately for the summer semester. You may also be asked to provide updated high-school transcripts.
Please remember that PSEO funding is only available for the fall and spring semesters. Summer courses are not covered through the PSEO program.