Your completed application, including ALL required supporting documents, must be submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the start of classes. Under certain circumstances, the University may institute an earlier priority admission deadline.
Note: If you were formerly enrolled at Minnesota State Mankato as a regular student (post-high school), you do not need to apply again. Please refer to the Returning Students information and contact the Registration Help Desk at 507-389-2252.
Once you have been accepted:
- See how your credits transferred.
Your credit evaluation will be available in your e-Services account approximately 10 business days after you are admitted to Minnesota State Mankato.
- Tell us you are coming!
Visit mnsu.edu/enroll and tell us you plan to enroll. You will not be able to apply for on-campus housing or register for Orientation until you complete this step.
- Find your place to live.
If you plan to live on campus, you must confirm your enrollment before reserving housing.
- Apply for financial aid.
Fill out the FAFSA form to apply for loans, grants, and work-study. The University's code is 002360.
- Sign up for a transfer orientation session.
Orientation is required for all students. At orientation, you will meet with an advisor and register for classes.
- Consider joining a learning community, an opportunity to take classes, form study groups, and engage in other activities with students with the same academic interests as you.
- If you graduated high school outside of Minnesota or more than ten years ago, you must complete the steps required for your immunization record.
- If you had in-progress coursework at the time of application, you will need to submit an updated official transcript to the Office of Admissions once you've completed those courses.