Transfer Admissions Checklist
Become A Maverick!
Like many successful alumni, your impact on the world will be shaped by your experiences in and out of the classroom. You'll become part of a dynamic campus community with a wide variety of majors to explore that will help prepare you for your life and career after college.
Your completed application, including ALL required supporting documents, must be submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the start of classes. Under certain circumstances, the University may institute an earlier priority admission deadline.
- Submit a Minnesota State Mankato Application.
- Submit a $20 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Submit all academic transcripts.
Admitted Student Checklist
See how your credits transferred.
Your credit evaluation will be available in your e-Services account approximately 10 business days after you are admitted to Minnesota State Mankato.
- Tell us you are coming.
- Visit mnsu.edu/enroll and tell us you plan to enroll. You will not be able to apply for on-campus housing or register for Orientation until you complete this step.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Fill out the FAFSA form to apply for loans, grants, and work-study. The University's code is 002360.
- Find your place to live.
- If you plan to live on campus, you must confirm your enrollment before reserving housing.
- Consider joining a learning community, an opportunity to take classes, form study groups, and engage in other activities with students with the same academic interests as you.
- Sign up for a Transfer Orientation/Registration session.
- Orientation is required for all students. At orientation, you will meet with an advisor and register for classes.
If you had in-progress coursework at the time of application, you must submit an updated official transcript to the Office of Admissions once you've completed those courses.
If you graduated high school outside of Minnesota or more than ten years ago, you must complete the steps required for your immunization record.