Alternative Testing Accommodation
Accessibility Resources appreciates your collaboration with alternative testing. Alternative testing arrangements are provided through Accessibility Resources (ML 132) testing center for eligible students with documented disabilities. The specific accommodation is dependent on the functional limitation of the disability and may include: distraction free environment, extended time, reader, scribe, computer use. The Alternative Testing procedure and the role of faculty with provision of this accommodation is described in detail here:
- Through their MavAccess account, students make an initial accommodation request for the course they want alternative testing.
- Upon filling out the request, the faculty member will receive an email requesting an electronic Alternative Testing Agreement form be filled out. This agreement includes information on amount of time for exams and quizzes, if calculators are allowed, and if testing sheets are needed.
- To schedule exams, students log into their MavAccess account at least 3 SCHOOL days prior to the exam date. Exceptions will be made to this 3 school day notification rule only if an upcoming quiz/exam is announced by the professor with less than a 3 school day notice.
- Tests are administered M-F 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during Summer, and M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Fall and Spring. Students schedule exams at the same time the class is taking the exam. Exceptions to this may include:
- For courses which are offered late in the day/evening hours, students should consult with the professor an acceptable time to take exams during our testing center hours.
- If students have classes which run back-back and are eligible for a time extension, they may schedule the exam in the first class earlier, only to adjust for the time extension.
- Upon scheduling of the exam, faculty will receive a notification email. Within that email will be links to dispute the exam date/time and for uploading the exam to MavAccess.
- Faculty will start receiving reminders 3 school days before the test date to upload the exam to MavAccess or send in another format to Accessibility Resources.
- On the exam date, students check in at Accessibility Resources at 132 Memorial Library. After being checked in by a staff member, they are brought to a testing room where they are monitored by cameras.
- Completed exams are either delivered on the same day of the exam or immediately the following school day if the department is closed or the faculty member has left for the day. If faculty prefer, they can also pick up the exams from Accessibility Resources.