Submit Complaint or Grievance

Submit a Complaint

If you have not yet addressed your concern to the specific department responsible for the area of your concern, you may do so here:

Contact Department with a Complaint

Submit a Grievance

A grievance/formal complaint may be initiated only after the informal complaint has been completed. According to Minnesota State policy 3.8.1, a grievance/formal complaint is "a written claim raised by a student alleging improper, unfair, or arbitrary action by an employee involving the application of a specific provision of a college or university rule/regulation or a board policy or procedure. This policy does not apply to those college/university rules or regulations or to board policies or procedures that include an appeal or grievance process." A disagreement with an administrative decision is not a grievance/formal complaint unless it includes improper, unfair, or arbitrary action.

Read the entire Student Complaints and Grievances policy


Submit a formal complaint to the Vice President for Student Affairs' Office