Finding Your Work-Study Job on Handshake
If you have been awarded work-study funds as part of your financial aid package, congratulations! In order to earn these work-study funds, you must use (in most cases) the Work-Study Application that is found here to apply to work-study eligible jobs that are found on Handshake. Download the application, fill it out, save it to your computer, and re-upload it to work-study jobs on Handshake.
Unsure if you are work-study eligible? Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
*Returning students can bypass Handshake by speaking with past employers directly. Make your supervisor aware that you have received work-study again in your financial aid package and would like to return.
- If you are a new student, wait for the University to create your account AFTER you have completed orientation and registered for classes. Shortly after orientation, you will receive a welcome e-mail from Handshake to your mnsu.edu inbox– this means your account is ready and you can log in. If you are a current student, your account is already set up.
- Click here to log in using your StarID and password (If it is your first time logging in it will guide you through setting up your profile).
- Click on the “Jobs” tab at the top left corner.
- Click on oval labeled “All filters.”
- Check the box labeled “Work-study” and click the blue oval “Show results” at the bottom right.
Click on the titles to learn more and apply by uploading the Work-Study Application (or other documents as requested by each job posting). Don’t delay applying – if you see a job you’d like, make sure you apply ASAP as employers may hire before the “close” date. Once you accept a Work-Study job, you will not be able to switch during the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you have questions about your Financial Aid package or award, please contact the Campus Hub to make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about using Handshake contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com.
Welcome to the #MavFam and we look forward to partnering with you on your Maverick journey!