Finding Your Work-Study Job on Handshake
To participate in work-study, students must have been awarded and accepted work-study as part of their financial aid package. If you have been awarded work-study funds as part of your financial aid package, congratulations! Many work-study positions can be found on Handshake. While the majority of positions will require you to fill out and submit this Work-Study Position Application, some will have their own requirements to apply- so be sure to read and follow all directions in a job posting. For positions requiring the Work-Study Position Application, download the application, fill it out, save it to your computer, and re-upload it to work-study jobs of interest on Handshake.
Unsure if you are work-study eligible? Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
Interested in being added to the work-study waitlist, contact email@example.com.
*Returning students can bypass Handshake by speaking with past employers directly. Make your supervisor aware that you have received work-study again in your financial aid package and would like to return.
- If you are a new student, wait for the University to create your account AFTER you have completed orientation and registered for classes. Shortly after orientation, you will receive a welcome e-mail from Handshake to your mnsu.edu inbox– this means your account is ready and you can log in. If you are a current student, your account is already set up.
- Click here to log in using your StarID and password (If it is your first time logging in it will guide you through setting up your profile).
- Click on the “Jobs” tab at the top left corner.
- Click on oval labeled “All filters.”
- Check the box labeled “Work-study” and click the blue oval “Show results” at the bottom right.
- Click on the titles to learn more about each position.
- Apply by uploading the Work-Study Application or following other provided directions for the position. Don’t delay applying – if you see a job you’d like, make sure you apply right away as employers may hire before the “close” date.
Resources for Work-Study Students
- If you would like to request workplace accommodations for your work-study position, contact Accessibility Resources.
- If you experience harassment or discrimination in your work-study position, resources to report can be found here.
- If you have questions about your Financial Aid package or award, please contact the Campus Hub to make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about using Handshake contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com.