Residence Hall Parking
Highlights for Parents
- Stadium Heights: Students living at Stadium Heights do NOT need to purchase a parking permit, as it's included in their room rate. A permit will be issued to the student at move-in.
- Main Campus (Crawford, McElroy, Julia Sears, Preska): Students who intend to bring a car will need to purchase a parking privilege from the University.
- New students must apply for housing before they are eligible to purchase a green parking privilege. It may take up to 48 hours after applying for housing to become eligible to buy a parking privilege in the parking portal.
- Residence hall students on main campus should purchase a Light Green or Dark Green privilege. Green lots (Lots 14 and 16) are closer than Dark Green lots (Lots 1 and 2), however, the Maverick shuttle makes frequent stops at Dark Green lots.
- 9 a.m. on Monday, August 1 is when Light Green and Dark Green Parking Privileges will be available for purchase. They are first-come, first-served.
- Light Green lots are $292 and Dark Green lots are $226 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- A student's license plate number acts as their parking permit (enforcement scans the license plates to determine if someone is in violation), therefore the student will not receive a physical parking permit.
Which Lot is Best?
It depends on where you will be living and how much convenience you want.
Green parking privileges are the only type of privilege that allow you to park your vehicle overnight in designated lots.
As a general guide:
- If you are living in Crawford: Lot 14 is closest.
- If you are living in McElroy: Lot 16 is closest.
- If you are living in Julia Sears: All lots are about equal distance from your community.
- If you are living in Preska: Lot 16 is closest.
The Maverick Shuttle picks up and drops off at Crawford, McElroy, Julia Sears, and Preska Residence Communities Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. It also makes stops at the student union, campus bus shelters, and Lots 1 and 2 (Dark Green).
The Red Eye Shuttle makes stops at the same locations Monday-Thursday 3:30 p.m. - midnight and Sunday 3-11 p.m.
Students can ride any city bus for free by showing their MavCARD (student ID). Students living at Stadium Heights frequently take one of the many routes to ride to and from campus (as there are 2 bus stops located at Stadium Heights).