Policies & Expectations
Highlights for Parents
- Alcohol is not allowed on campus (including empty alcohol containers - don't bring empty containers as decorations).
- Alcohol policy violations include: being in the presence of alcohol, hosting people in your room with alcohol, and possessing or consuming alcohol on/off campus.
- Drugs (including paraphernalia) are not allowed on campus.
- Candles, incense, and open flames are not allowed.
- Instapots and air fryers are not allowed on main campus. Students living at Stadium Heights are allowed to have these items in their kitchen.
- For reasons of health and sanitation, pets are not permitted in the residence communities. Fish kept in aquariums (one tank up to 30 gallons) and service animals are the only exception. Emotional support animals need advance approval from Accessibility Resources.
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed on campus. Smoking is defined as carrying a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or any other lighted smoking equipment, including electronic cigarettes.
How Students Learn About the Policies
Each student receives a copy of the Student Guide when they move in. The Student Guide contains useful service information, including all of the residence hall policies. Students are expected to know the content within it.
Additionally, the Community Advisor (CA) will share policy information at the first few floor meetings that take place after move-in. It is highly suggested that students attend.
We also post informational posters on each floor that provide information about policies. If a student has a question about a policy, their CA or Hall Director are good resources!
Each Student's Responsibility
- Follow the policies.
- Leave situations where University policies are being violated.
- Cooperate with University staff.
- Educate guests about policies and what's expected. They are responsible for their guests' actions.
- Be an attentive member of the community and report suspicious behavior.