Housing Accommodations

Housing accommodations may be needed for students who feel that:

  • living in a traditional setting may not work,
  • they will need something additional in that setting, or
  • for students who need accessible rooms.

Quick Links

Emotional Support Animals    Requesting an Accommodation

Requesting an Accommodation

Residential Life works in partnership with Accessibility Resources to provide housing accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Each student's need are determined on a case-by-case basis.

The Accommodation Process

For full consideration, requests based on medical need must be received by:

  • March 1 for housing beginning Fall Semester.
  • November 1 for housing beginning Spring/Summer Semester.

STEP 1: Apply for Housing

STEP 2: Contact Accessibility Resources to coordinate accommodations.

STEP 3: Have your health care provider complete, sign, & stamp the Health Care Form. Return the form to Accessibility Resources.

FAX: 507-389-1199
ADDRESS: Accessibility Resources, 132 Memorial Library, Mankato, MN 56001

Health Care Form

Emotional Support Animals

An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) is an animal that provides comfort to an individual with a disability in their living environment and is a housing accommodation authorized by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the federal Fair Housing Act.

Applications for an ESA must be approved through Accessibility Resources and Residential Life prior to arrival on campus.

Information that will be collected and coordinated by Accessibility Resources includes the following forms. Generally, the professional who provides the documentation should be someone with whom you have an ongoing therapeutic relationship. Send all forms to Accessibility Resources.

Health Care Form

ESA information form

ESA agreement form